It is necessary to cleanse any Semiprecious Stones and new crystals that you obtain in order to clear them of energies that they may have collected prior to you obtaining it. Also, if you utilize any of your crystals as healing tools, it is good to cleanse them before and after each session.
Cleansing of Semiprecious Stones Under the Sun, Moon or Water
There are a variety of methods to cleanse your crystals. Choosing the best cleansing method depends on the specific crystal you are cleansing. Exposure to direct sunlight for about one hour is generally sufficient to cleanse most crystals. Certain crystals may fade if left out in the sunlight, amethyst being a primary example. Refrain from placing your amethysts in direct sunlight if you desire them to keep their vibrant purple hue.
Moonlight cleansing may take many hours or even days. To expose a crystal to all phases of the moon phases, place the crystal outside each night at sundown, and retrieve it before sunrise), for four weeks.
Some crystals can dissolve in water, whereas other crystals do well soaking in fresh water. One method is to cleanse crystals under a running tap of cold water while simultaneously lightly brushing them with a toothbrush until they sparkle.
Common semiprecious stones and crystal cleansing methods:
- Rub stones with incense or herbs (lavender, sage, etc.)
- Energize stones in sunlight.
- Energize stones under moonlight.
- Cleanse stones in the ocean or in a bowl of salt water.
- Cleanse stones in a natural body of fresh water (lake, river, pond, etc.)
- Purify crystals overnight in brown rice
- Bury stones in the earth to purify.
- Clean stones under a running tap of cold water.
- Cleanse and re-energize crystals on purple plates.