There is always something deeply alluring about crystals and precious stones. The fact that something so beautiful is actually a precious gift handed to us from Nature herself can only be humbling and rewarding at the same time. To us, this has always been a part of that special allure which spiritual crystals and precious gems and stones hold to us.
This goes beyond the exquisite esthetic qualities of the stones, which are of course hard to deny in themselves; but such a raw beauty contained in something formed naturally (as opposed to other pieces of jewelry which require much more intervention from man’s crafts, like metals do) is a hint that such beauty adorns an equally impressive amount of crystal energy.
There’s something a bit more drawing us to crystals and precious stones, besides their prettiness, precisely because our inner selves are able to sense that there is something more to them than meets the eye.
The Influence of Spiritual Crystals
Since there are those among us gifted with a sharper sense of the things not so easily seen with the naked eye – like people’s auras or the energetic dimensions of certain objects – the power of some precious stones and crystals has been discovered and noted for quite a while now.
Today, the basic properties and the type of influence of all stones is undisputed and there are detailed accounts about what each of them is good for. Also, crystal healing has been included as a mainstream practice by a lot of spiritual, crystal meditation and naturopath therapists and practitioners. The art of using spiritual crystals in a way to benefit both the body and the mind is becoming more and more mainstream, and with advice now available everywhere, including here, you will be able to use them as well on your own.
Some people make various combinations of certain crystals taking into account what those stones are rumored to do; for example if one person has trouble with melancholia and also the physical ailments of a sensitive stomach and liver, they can try to wear mostly jewelry made of the stones most recommended for these 3 issues.
As you can see, and as previously stated above, the power of spiritual crystals encompasses both the body and the mind in its reach. Other people use the power of spiritual crystals when meditating – much like rosaries are used in mainstream religion – while others prefer to choose their favorite jewelry and what precious stones to wear according to their astrological sign. For example, people born under the Pisces sign are especially helped by amethyst and those born in Sagittarius are more attuned to blue stones, such as blue chalcedony.
This is a list of the best suited crystals for each zodiac sign:
- Aries (those born between 21st of March and 19th of April): bloodstone, red aventurine, anyolite, axinite and Apache tears (not to be confused with black onyx, though they look very similar);
- Taurus (those born between 20th of April and 20th of May): sapphire, malachite, jade, amber and dioptase;
- Gemini (those born between the 21st of May and 20th of June): agate, chalcedony (especially light blue stones), red fire quartz, harlequin quartz and stibnite;
- Cancer (those born between 21st of June and 22nd of July): emerald, citrine and moonstone (all work especially well with silver, since silver is a beneficial metal for those in the Cancer sign);
- Leo (those born between the 23rd of July and the 22nd of August): amber, sunstone, yellow sapphire, ruby, citrine, onyx, zircon, emerald (preferably combined with gold, as it is the main beneficial metal for those in the Leo sign);
- Virgo (those born between the 23rd of August and the 22nd of September): carnelian, aventurine, chrysoberyl, moss agate, amazonite, peridot, smithsonite, zircon, lodestone, blue sapphire and sugilite;
- Libra (those born between the 23rd of September and the 22nd of October): peridot, jade, tourmaline, bloodstone, sunstone, tanzanite;
- Scorpio (those born between the 23rd of October and the 21st of November): beryl (also known as aquamarine), rose quartz, rhodochrosite, agate, ruby and variscite (moonstones also work pretty well with this sign);
- Sagittarius (those born between the 22nd of November and the 21st of December): topaz (especially blue topaz), turquoise, blue chalcedony, amethyst, azurite, lapis lazuli, black obsidian, snowflake obsidian, white topaz (as you can see, most of them are in shades of blue, a color deeply attuned to this zodiac sign);
- Capricorn (those born between the 22nd of December and the 19th of January): ruby, hematite, jet stones, onyx and obsidian (as you can see, especially stones in black and red shades, although dark green also works pretty well);
- Aquarius (those born between the 20th of January and the 18th of February): amber, blue obsidian, garnet, merlinite, angelite, magnetite and jasper (all of which work especially well when cast in silver, since the metal is very beneficial to people in Aquarius);
- Pisces (those born between the 19th of February and the 20th of March): amethyst, sugelite, fluorite, blue lace agate, bloodstone, turquoise, lapis lazuli and chrome diopside.
The Health Properties of Certain Stones and Gems
It may seem a bit far-fetched, but experts say there are indeed certain crystals with such palpable health benefitting properties and influence, that we could actually rightfully call them healing crystals. As you’ll see, stones, gemstones and spiritual crystals are known for far more than just their connection to zodiac signs; you can instead choose which ones to wear by their connection to body parts and their wonderful health-influencing properties.
As you work with these crystals mainly for their health properties, it is also quite possible to notice you are developing spiritually as well, in time (for example, you may become more in control of your impulsive reactions, more shielded against negativity or simply a better and more composed public speaker with an added charisma).
These are the main health properties of a few spiritual crystals to consider; the trick to knowing what stones to use where is following the color code of the body’s chakras. Each chakra (which can be defined as energy nodes in the spiritual body or the subtle body, weighing heavily in the functioning and well-being of the physical body as well), has a certain color in a person’s aura, and in order to activate that chakra and help alleviate the health problems in its reach, you need to connect to it one of the spiritual crystals or gemstones that are of the same color to which that particular chakra responds to.
Recommended Read: Unique Crystal Uses According to the 7 Chakras
This is the list of each chakra and its attuned gemstones:
- The root chakra (at the base of the spine): red, black, brown and gray crystals and stones;
- The sacral chakra (at the navel): orange and all secondary shades of orange;
- The Solar Plexus (situated above the navel): yellow crystals and secondary shades of yellow as well;
- The heart chakra: green gemstones and stones, secondary shades of green, pink spiritual crystals;
- The throat chakra: light blue, aqua and turquoise stones, as well as various shades of lighter blues;
- The third eye (between your brows and up on your forehead): indigo and dark blue spiritual crystals would all work well here;
- The crown chakra (the top of the head): violet stones, all shades of purple, white or colorless (clear) stones and crystals.
The idea is to think where the health problem you are suffering from is situated on the chakra scale: for example, if you have stomach problems you should stimulate the solar plexus chakra, or if you have frequent migraines, then you need to pay more attention to your third eye and crown chakras.
After identifying the chakras you need to work on, there are two ways to go: the first is a more intense focus on the chakra by placing the appropriately colored jewels directly on the chakra and relaxing for at least 30 minutes in this position. The second and less intense way is simply to wear the selected jewelry almost permanently on your person, even if due to the daily schedule you’re not able to wear them directly close to the chakra you’re trying to activate.
Using Spiritual Crystals along with Meditation Practices
The technique described above, of activating the chakras in relation to the health problems you want to avert or simply in relation to the functions you’d like to enhance (for example, your ability to express yourself in public can be helped by activation of the throat chakra) are basically a simple meditation technique using spiritual crystals.
As your meditation skills improve, you will be able to tap into the crystals’ energies deeper and use them in meditation more and more. Just focus on stepping out of yourself, just like any meditation trainer usually advises you, and then try to also focus on the crystals you are wearing close to your body or close to a specific chakra. You can also touch the spiritual crystals why you try to focus on whatever relaxing place you envision, or even engage in little motions with the crystals while meditating, whatever floats your boat.
If you are new to crystals and their use for training yourself to become more spiritual, then all this may sound a little ridiculous. We’re not trying to convince you of anything: even if all the people reporting positive results and a general feeling of increased happiness associated with the use of crystals are merely under the influence of a Placebo-like effect, then so be it.
There’s nothing wrong with managing to enrich your life with more positive vibes whichever way you can, so there you go: if it makes you happy, then why not? Just follow your heart and your intuition: ask a store owner or just look around our website to see the stones which are best suited to your sign or to the health and spirituality purposes you’ve set for yourself, and then simply choose a few that appeal to you the most.
Don’t be afraid to follow your intuition, if what you already know about types of crystals and gem names don’t really tell you so much, then feel free to read some more online content about stones and their meanings. There’s nothing that can help you make up your mind faster about which crystal energy to tap into first, than gemstone meanings can.
Powerful Color Combinations and Crystal Combinations
Besides choosing your jewelry featuring metaphysical crystals following the criteria of compatibility to your sign or to whatever area of your life could use some improving, you can also decide on stones through simply following a mix and match criteria. The way the stones are compatible among themselves is just as important to how they are compatible to your aura and to your personality.
Up to a certain extent, this works in a highly intuitive fashion: the color combinations which are valid in classic color theory are more or less valid in crystal energy use as well: red and green, orange and blue, yellow and violet are the basic powerful combinations you can always count on. Besides these, there are other good combos that make the healing stones and healing crystals enhance each other’s energy if used wisely. Here are a few such good combinations, specifically targeting a few specific issues:
- For enhancing consciousness: nirvana quartz (also nicknamed the spiritual quartz) + petalite + rose quartz;
- For grounding yourself (dissipating negative emotions easier): turquoise + lapis lazuli + phenacite + lithium quartz;
- For psychic protection against malicious vibes: merlinite + gold tektite + Lemurian golden opal + black onyx;
- For training your healing abilities: morganite + green fuchsite + citrine + jade.
- For channeling and attracting more love into your life (beyond the narrow category of romantic love): rose quartz + emerald + garnet +sardonyx + topaz (or selenite).
Recommended Read: Crystal Quartz Meaning
These are just a few examples of several ways in which you can use the wonderful properties of spiritual crystals for their energetic properties; but let’s not forget that the stones are also quite obviously valuable for their esthetics. The beauty of the best crystals and chakra gemstones, especially when properly set and beautifully combines, cannot be surpassed by any other type of jewelry on the planet.
As a final note to an already lengthy post, we should mention that whether you believe in the power of spiritual crystals or not, it wouldn’t hurt for you to learn more about crystal cleansing. The way to maintain the energy of crystals intact and to also removal any actual physical impurities depend on employing special care. This is how to cleanse crystals: first of all, remember that crystals are an intimate item and should therefore only be touched by yourself.
If someone else touches your crystal jewelry, even if it’s just for taking a quick look, you need to cleanse your crystals (especially if you suspect those people to have less than positive vibes towards you). For cleansing crystals, you should keep them in a saline solution for at least 10 days before gradually starting to wear them again. That’s it, good luck with choosing your best suited spiritual crystals and may them bring you the best energy possible!
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3