Crystals are attuned to the chakric system. The 7 chakras are the primary energy centers in our body. There are, however, 114 chakras, including the new ‘higher’ chakras. In this article, we will explore the meaning, function, and power of each chakra, as well as their corresponding crystals.
What Are the 7 Chakras?
What are chakras? – Traditionally, chakras are linked to a specific area of life, body site or organ, and color. Loosely speaking, there are three types of chakras. The chakras below the waist are primarily physical. However, they can affect the endocrine glands and from that even one’s personality. Those in the upper torso are aligned to emotional functioning that can create psychosomatic conditions. Similarly, those in the head that function on a mental and intuitive basis may have physical repercussions.
How do chakras and crystals work together? Traditionally, each chakra has its own color. By placing crystals and stones of the appropriate color and vibration on these energy points, imbalances and blockages are quickly eliminated. Chakras once harmonized to work together, lead to better health and a sense of well-being.
What Are Chakra Crystals?
Chakra crystals are ‘master healer’ stones you can use to activate, balance, and energize the chakric system.
They have a powerful influence on:
- your physical body and immune system;
- your mind, emotions, and energy system;
- your spirit and consciousness;
- your outer environment.
Typically, healing crystals relate to chakras that belong to the same color spectrum. Each of the seven chakras has a set of crystals that help balance it. While there are many powers and purposes chakra crystals have (activate, balance, remove blocks, align), we will show you three crystals beneficial for each major center of energy in your body.
- Red stones and crystals influence the Base or Root Chakra: Red Jasper, Obsidian, Fire Agate.
- Orange stones and crystals influence the Sacral Chakra: Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Golden Topaz.
- Yellow stones and crystals influence the Solar Plexus Chakra: Citrine, Tiger’s Eye, Yellow Labradorite.
- Green stones influence the Heart Chakra: Jade, Moss Agate, Aventurine.
- Blue Stones influence the Throat Chakra: Blue Lace Agate, Angelite, Aquamarine.
- Indigo stones influence the Brow or Third Eye Chakra: Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite, Azurite.
- Violet stones influence the Crown Chakra: Amethyst, Labradorite, Selenite.
Note: rainbow, multicolored crystals influence all chakras and have multiple healing purposes.
As already mentioned, there are more than 7 chakras in our body. These are the ones we consider important too:
- Earth Chakra (grounding, empowerment, materialism) influenced by brown stones such as Smoky Quartz, Brown Jasper, Boji Stone, Fire Agate, Brown Jasper, Hematite, Mahogany Obsidian, Tourmaline, Rhodonite, Cuprite.
- Higher Heart Chakra influenced by pink stones such as Rose Quartz.
- Higher Crown Chakra influenced by white or clear stones such as Petalite, Selenite, Azeztulite, Kunzite, Apophyllite, Celestite.
The 7 Chakras and Their Typical Conditions
Now that we know what type of crystals influence each chakra, let’s explore more the connection between these energy centers and our physical health. Chakras are connected to both our subtle and physical body. If a chakra is open and lacks protection it is known as a blown chakra.
A blown chakra is vulnerable to outside energies and influences and exposed to negative conditions. Similarly, a chakra can be blocked which leads to imbalances, energy blockage, or even negative manifestations such as diseases.
What is the cause of a blocked chakra?
Chakras blockage may have its original cause in one’s past or may be due to external control.
How does a blown or blocked chakra manifest?
Imbalanced or blocked chakras lead to discomfort and even serious conditions into our physical body. Such conditions also affect us emotionally and spiritually, preventing us to function normally.
Below you will find each chakra explained. Learn what are the chakra symbols, chakra colors, and typical affections for all 7 chakras. We hope this will help you discover the cause of imbalance or even disease in your physical body and heal.
Base Chakra (first, red chakra, located at the base of your spine):
Meaning & function: survival instincts and security issues.
- Negative feeling: insecurity and estrangement from other people.
- Positive feeling: connectedness and personal security.
- Signs of imbalance or blockage: sexual disturbances, feelings of stuckness, anxiety, anger, frustration, impotence, the inability to let something go.
- Typical conditions: chronic lower back pain; renal and reproductive conditions or rectal disorders such as fluid retention, constipation or diarrhea; stiffness in joints; varicose veins or hernias; bipolar disorder; glandular issues; personality and anxiety disorders, auto-immune problems.
Sacral Chakra (the second chakra, also called “navel” or “splenic,” located above the pelvis – just bellow your belly button):
Meaning & Function: creativity, fertility, and acceptance of oneself as a powerful sexual being.
- Signs of Imbalance or blockage: infertility and blocked creativity. The sacral chakra is where ‘hooks’ from other people may influence their mood, particularly from sexual encounters.
- Negative feeling: selfishness and low self-esteem.
- Positive feeling: self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Typical conditions: muscle cramps; reproductive blockages or diseases; infertility (both male and female) or impotence (male), allergies; addictions, eating issues, metabolic disorders, diabetes, liver or intestinal dysfunction (irritable bowel); urinary infections; back pain.
Solar Plexus Chakra (third chakra, located in the navel area):
Meaning & function: emotional communication and assimilation.
- Sign of imbalance or blockage: taking on other people’s feelings and problems or being overwhelmed by one’s own emotions. It affects energy assimilation and concentration. Emotional ‘’hooks’ from other people can also be found here.
- Negative feeling: inferiority and clinginess.
- Positive feeling: emotional stability.
- Typical conditions: stomach ulcers, ‘fight or flight’ response, adrenaline issues, insomnia and anxiety, stomach pain and digestive problems, pancreatic failure, eczemas, eating and metabolic disorders, gallstones and phobias.
Heart Chakra (fourth chakra, located in the heart area):
Meaning & Function: love and nurturing.
- Signs of Imbalance or blockage: love cannot flourish, feelings such as jealousy and envy are common and there is enormous resistance to change.
- Negative feeling: possessiveness.
- Positive feeling: compassion, unconditional love, and peaceful harmony.
- Typical conditions: heart attacks, chest infections, asthma, frozen shoulder, angina, ulcers.
Throat Chakra (fifth chakra, located at the center of your throat):
Meaning & Function: communication.
- Sings of Imbalance or Blockage: If this chakra is blocked, your thoughts and feelings cannot be verbalized. Your truth cannot be expressed. Also, what other people think and feel can cause you difficulties.
- Negative feeling: mendacity.
- Positive feeling: truthful self-expression.
- Typical conditions: a sore throat, inflammation of trachea, constant colds and viral infections, ear infections, jaw pain and gum disease, tooth problems, thyroid imbalances, high blood pressure, speech impediment, psychosomatic diseases such as irritable bowel, ADHT, autism.
Brow or Third Eye Chakra (sixth chakra, located above and between your eyebrows):
Meaning & Function: intuition and mental connection.
- Sign of Imbalance or Blockage: a sense of your being bombarded by other people’s thoughts, or being overtaken by wild and irrational intuitions that have no basis in truth. Coercing mental ‘hooks’ from other people can lock in here and affect the way you think and envision the reality and people around you.
- Negative feeling: delusion.
- Positive feeling: intuitive insight.
- Typical conditions: migraines, mental disorders, eye problems, schizophrenia, cataracts, epilepsy, spinal and neurological disorders, sinus and ear infections, ‘irritations’ of all kinds, autism.
Crown chakra (seventh chakra, located at the top of your head)
- Meaning & Function: spiritual communication and awareness.
Sign of Imbalance or Blockage: If the crown chakra is blocked, attempting to control others is common. On the contrary, if it is stuck open, obsession and openness to spiritual interference or possession may manifest. If the crown chakra is not functioning properly, it can lead to excess environmental sensitivity and delusions or dementia.
- Negative feeling: arrogance.
- Positive feeling: spirituality.
- Typical conditions: metabolic syndrome, ‘unwellness’, nervous system disturbances, depression, dementia, insomnia or excessive sleepiness, electromagnetic and environmental sensitivity, chronic anxiety.
How to Open Your Chakras?
Here are the simple chakra healing practices you can put into practice to activate and balance the 7 Chakras.
- Place a red crystal or stone (such as a Red Jasper) on the base chakra. Picture light and energy radiating out from the crystal into your body.
- Place an orange crystal (such as a Citrine) on your sacral chakra, just below the navel. See the light and feel the cleansing process.
- Place a yellow crystal (such as a Yellow Jasper) on your solar plexus. Feel how its energy invigorates you.
- Place a green crystal (such as Green Aventurine) on your heart. It will help you connect body, mind, and spirit.
- Place a blue crystal (such as a Blue Lace Agate) on your throat. It will influence the clarity of your thoughts and your ability to express yourself.
- Place an indigo crystal (such as a Sodalite) on your brow. It will induce a dream state and help you become more self-aware.
- Place a purple crystal (such as an Amethyst) on your crown. You should feel a state of pure bliss in total unity with the Univers.
Finally, place a high vibration crystal above your head to connect with celestial entities and find guidance.
Chakra crystals work great as chakra jewelry too. You can choose an chakra necklace and wear it every day to hep you activate and balance your Throat Chakra.
If you are interested in the power of healing crystals and eager to learn more, take a look at our extensive crystal healing guide. Grab a cup of nice, warm tea, relax, and enjoy.
Image Sources: Chakra Symbols.